Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2018

Nov 12 - 16 Rise N Shine - Keys

Opportunity Statement:   Coolidge Elementary will continue to provide all students with academic, social, and emotional growth opportunities through great teaching and the utilization of our community resources.  We will maintain high expectations for all students, as well as expand our efforts to cultivate a positive school culture that encourages intellectual and social growth.”


Coolidge Vision and Mission
Our Mission:  “Educate students for lifelong learning and responsible living.”
Our Vision:  “Provide a learning environment that promotes and develops academic and
social growth.”


Rise N Shine - Ms. Keys

  • Monday, Nov 12 - Brett Out. Progress Reports go home THIS WEEK.
  • Tuesday, Nov 13 - Brett Out.  PLC Meetings, Faculty Meeting (30 minutes)
  • Wednesday, Nov 14 - Leadership Meeting in the Library. Progress Reports Printed 
  • Thursday, Nov 15 - Brett Out - Principal Meeting. Progress reports in Thursday Folders
  • Friday, Nov 16 -
  • Sat, Nov 17 - Volleyball and Football Tournament
  • Mon Nov 19
  • Tues, Nov 20
  • Wed - Friday -Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving Break November 21 - November 23. Rest and enjoy time with your family and friends.

Looking at the Fun Facts.... which of the 10 things do you value most? Thinking about the Growth Mind-Set which of these things need more of your attention? In the comments section answer both or either question. Winners will be announced Tuesday or Wednesday morning during Rise N Shine.


Most popular book the week of Nov. 5 - 9 was The United States Army. Forty-eight students read this book with a 67% completion rate.



Lexia does not replace instruction or a teacher. There were 36 certificates issued for Lexia this week making our grand total 408. However, only 30% of the staff have logged onto Lexia to view student usage. Only 12% of our students are on target for meeting the end-of year grade-level benchmark. When I looked at 3 homeroom classes I found evidence of students requiring "skill builders" but none have been completed. The skill builders are an excellent resource and should be used as part of student interventions.





Sixth grade passed 54 Power Focus Areas this week! Please be sure when you see a 6th grade student to ask them about the Projects they are working on and how they are doing with their Power Focus Areas.
On Friday 6 students passed a Power Focus Area in English and one in Math. Next week to receive a certificate they MUST PASS a Power Focus Area in Geography or Science.


Safe Schools.... have your completed your trainings? Time is running out.




As the holiday season is upon us, you may receive questions from citizens, parents and students about the use of holiday symbolism in decorations, classroom activities/celebrations and even curriculum. Display of holiday symbols Holiday displays are generally constitutional so long as they serve primarily a legitimate secular purpose, such as acknowledging aspects of America's cultural heritage or “celebrating the winter-holiday season.” Thus, schools may display a Christmas tree, a Hanukkah menorah or a picture of Santa Clause. However, any display of an overtly religious symbol, such as a cross, must be one element of a larger display that includes other overtly religious symbols and has overall a secular, rather than religious, purpose.
Classroom activities/celebrations Holiday parties are permissible as long as the purpose is to celebrate the cultural, as opposed to the religious, aspects of the season, and the purpose of the celebration is not to promote a particular religion or religious point of view. For example, a classroom celebration may include traditional foods or snacks appropriate for the season, or even the viewing of a movie like “Frosty the Snowman.” Please also remember that students should not be forced to participate in holiday celebrations that they find objectionable or make them uncomfortable. Curriculum Inclusion of religious or holiday themes in the curriculum should be limited to the secular, cultural aspects of the season or, if overtly religious (e.g., what are the historical origins of Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanza), should reflect primarily a distinct educational or civic purpose. Any element of the curriculum related to religion should not be an attempt to promote a particular religion or religion over non-religion. Further, if teachers include holiday or religious instruction in the curriculum, they are encouraged to provide instruction on the customs and traditions of more than one faith that may celebrate during the same season. 




Congratulations to the following students who will be participating in the OKCPS Count Contest:
Yareli Mariscal, Isabella Leal, Timothy Park, Triston Young, Jacob Venegas, Maribel Lagunez-Flores, Lavina Cortez, Angel Gonzalez, Hannah Shields, Neveah Jimenrson, Kamazjae Brown, Dustin Shields.
















Where do I find?.........



Kindergarten

1st Grade

2nd Grade

3rd Grade

4th Grade

5th Grade

6th Grade 
 Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days
Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days
 Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days 
  Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days
  Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days
  Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days
 Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days


OKCPS ELA Standards by Grade Level
OKCPS and OAS Crosswalk
OKCPS ELA Bundles


6th Grade Bundles


OKCPS Math  by Grade Level
OKCPS-OAS Crosswalks
OKCPS Standards by Bundles
Pre-Kindergarten  Bundles
Kindergarten  Bundles


Elementary ELA Year- at- a- Glance








31 comments:

  1. I value being coachable, passion and energy for our learning community. I struggle with people who are habitually late because I view that as being disrespectful to others. I need to work on my body language - I know when I tend to shout to the world how I am feeling with my body language. Have a great weekend. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work ethic, attitude, and being coachable. I believe all three of these go hand in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being prepared and work ethic would be the most valuable and the ones I would like to work on is... attitude, being coachable, body language, and be on time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attitude is everything. Staff and students will reflect each other’s attitudes and I try to keep mine positive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I value honesty the most, but its not on there sooo I would have to say effort. What I need to work on...gosh there is so many, lol I need to work on attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that a positive attitude and being coachable are most important. My mother always says: "No stinkin' thinkin'"! I love this job because it presents many opportunities to grow as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe in positive attitude, punctuality, be on time, respectful, honesty and keep the mine positive specially for our students.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I value attitude and passion. Whatever you do, have a can-do attitude and do it with passion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Passion is the most important to me because you have to love what you do so that you can do it right... and work on attitude

    ReplyDelete
  11. Attitude is very valuable to me. Everything starts within and personal perception determines your reality. Having a positive atitude can make your life beautiful and fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Which do I value the most? I think that depends on where I'm working. If I'm at the Ronald McDonald House, passion, being on time, and attitude. If I'm at Coolidge, work ethic, being on time, and attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I value work ethic and attitude. Taking one day at a time and keeping a positive attitude daily.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Work ethics and having a positive attitude is important to me because one can be more productive and can accomplish more with these traits working within.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Several are invaluable. However if I have to pick one, it would be "being coachable". It kind of goes back to great leaders were great followers first.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I value work ethic and being on time the most. I probably need to work more on being prepared and having a better attitude 100% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I value being on time. When I start my day feeling rushed, things tend not to go as smoothly. Being on time also helps me be more prepared for my day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I value my passion for teaching in which it shows to my students when I see a smile upon their faces. Even when things are tough in my personal life, I’ll always manage a positive attitude in teaching for my students, I am working on being more “coachable”, so I can become a stronger teacher in things I’m struggling on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Also, might we add......sense of humor? Nothing like a good bellylaugh to punctuate things now and then. ( Gee Mr.Christian, I hope you're not offended :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I value attitude and passion most as our kiddos really need someone passionate about their learning and sometimes you have to remember that the right attitude on your part will help with the right attitude on theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I value being on time. It sets the tone for me most days. I find being on time helps me get focused and prepared better for the day ahead of me. I would have to say body language is a big thing I need to work on. I tend to not notice how it's perceived differently than how I am actually feeling most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I value attitude the most. If I'm not presenting the right attitude about a topic to my students, how can I expect them to be engaged and willing to learn. I have to work on being on time. I am the worst!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I value work ethic, effort, and being coachable. I will continue to work on the part of attitude to control my frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I value attitude, being on time, and work ethic. I easily become a negative Nancy when things get rough in the classroom. I can improve this by thinking of at least ONE celebration everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I value attitude, passion, and energy. I need to work on being more prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Effort, attitude and doing extra are things I value and strive to do at both of my schools. Students and teachers need and deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Attitude, energy, and work ethic are most important to me. I try to make the choice to keep a positive attitude, even when things are going crazy around me! I am working on being more punctual. It can definitely be a struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Attitude is the most important to me. One's attitude toward a situation, a student, or coworker sets the tone for the outcome. When I feel the negative energy, internal or external, I have to change my frequency. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I answered this question on Sunday....apparently my effort was for naught because my response is not here. When you have an attitude of respect for your students and coworkers, you are on time and prepared.

    ReplyDelete