Search This Blog

Friday, April 28, 2017

May 1, 2017

Our Mission:  “Educate students for lifelong learning and responsible living.”
Our Vision:  “Provide a learning environment that promotes and develops academic and
social growth.”

Attaining Learning Outcomes = Higher Achievement

Teacher Appreciation Week:
You Is Kind, You Is Smart, You Is Important


  • Monday,May 1st.  Breakfast from Brett & Cramer, Snacks in teacher lounge from University Rep
  • Tuesday:  Lunch from Canes, Nothin Bundt Cakes, PLC Meetings, Faculty Meeting, 1 hour
  • Wednesday: Donuts (9:00 a.m.) Lunch:  Pizza Hut, Cookies from Eileen's Bakery
  • Thursday:  Lunch:  Potato Bar
  • Friday:  Lunch Golden Chick 

Dear Coolidge Staff,
Thank you for being there for our kids with your patience. Thank you for giving generously of your time, especially when you were obviously tired and drained. Thank you for helping Ms. Cramer and myself with our quiet shy kids who just need to be noticed, our shining stars that need acknowledgement and our struggling porcupines that need someone to love and accept them.  Thank you for setting me straight when I wanted to drop the hatchet on a child that just needed one more chance. Thank you for staying behind to help me when I was trying to complete the testing buckets for State Testing, even when I know there are lots of other places you’d rather be.  Thank you for not embarrassing me in front of our students, parents, and colleagues. Thank you for completing reports on time and with your best effort. Thank you for coming to work when you weren't feeling 100%. Thank you for making me do my best and become a better principal.  Thank you for being part of the Coolidge Crocodile Team.
Melissa  


Have a great weekend.

Please leave a comment on how you appreciate your teammates.



To Develop Every Child Into a Reader:
  • Everyday a child reads something they choose to read.
  • Every child reads accurately
  • Every child reads something they understand.
  • Every child writes something that is personal and meaningful daily.
  • Every child talks with peers about reading and writing.
  • Every child hears an adult reader read fluently.
Coolidge Elementary Academic Goals for 2016-2017
  • All Students WILL achieve academically.
  • Reading:  Increase reading proficiency by at least one grade level.
  • Math:  Increase math achievement by 10% with 80% mastery of math facts on grade level.  
  • Writing:  Increase writing proficiency by 15%
  • Student Attendance:  Increase student attendance to 98%.
  • Increase Faculty Attendance to 98%
OKCPS Literacy Standards
          1st Grade
          2nd Grade
          3rd Grade
          4th Grade
          5th Grade
          6th Grade
OKCPS Math Standards
          Pre-K
          Kindergarten
          1st Grade
          2nd Grade
          3rd Grade
          4th Grade
          5th Grade

Melissa Brett | Principal
Coolidge Elementary School | Oklahoma City Public Schools
5212 S. Villa, Oklahoma City, OK 73119
(405) 587-2800
(405) 208-1581 (cell)

16 comments:

  1. I Love Coolidge so much! I have made so many friendships and learned so much from each of you. I am so thankful for each of you. I am thankful that you are all so selfless and giving. Also I am thankful for my team and them putting up with me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My teammates come in clutch regularly! We understand the things that life can throw at us in the misdt of trying to change the lives of our students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that my teammates see the warning signs of "Hulking Out" and give me a break by taking a student, repeating what I just said so a student might hear and understand, and for sharing those experiences and humor that only fellow SpEd-Heads can appreciate! I especially appreciate my assistant, Ms. Dee because she has been willing to grow and change and try new things...and provided an example for me to follow and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Coolidge for being my home away from Wi. I appreciate being invited to celebrate holidays with you when I can't be home. And thank you for the amazing friendships! Thank you to my teammates for always being there for me! You are all amazing, and I love the life long friendships that have evolved! Thank you for understanding and knowing that sometimes life gets in the way. I love that we have our own 2nd grade motto...#wegothis
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate a lot of things about Coolidge and the people within it.
    1. My buddy teachers help me from losing my mind and help the students get a break from me too.
    2. The friends I know I can go to and get a laugh from.
    3. The friends I know that will give me the straight up truth when I need it.
    4. The friends that allow me to vent about a situation, even if all I need to do is give a salty look.
    5. The friends that come together to help daily life run smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to thank all my teammates past and present (in no particular order); Alba, Carlos, Taylor, JL, Debra, and Kara, for making this old man's time at Coolidge a rich and rewarding one. A big thanks to everyone who works/worked in the office for keeping me on the straight and narrow. To Melissa and Carson for letting me continue to ply a new trade after 45 years in the business world, and for sharing their guidance and wisdom. To all the teachers and support staff who make Coolidge a place I've enjoyed coming to over the past three years. So, as I ride off into the sunset at the end of this year, staring awe-struck into the face of a 937 page Honey-do list, thank you one and all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate that my teammates have helped to guide me through my first year. They are always there to answer questions, lend an ear or share a laugh. Not sure if I would have survived with out them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly appreciate the Coolidge Team. I appreciate the office team for keeping me informed and up to date on student/family concerns and for helping me to communicate with parents in many ways. I appreciate everyone (teachers/assistants/support staff/special area/cafeteria staff) for trusting me to work with their students. Coolidge is a very welcoming place and I enjoy all the smiles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate the overarching sense of humor my teammates share through all things great and small (and smelly). Being able to laugh instead of cry is a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thankful for my teammates who make me extra copies, take a porcupine and give support and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appreciate my teammates, we work great together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always felt Coolidge is such a "child friendly" environment. I truly feel everyone here has a heart for the students and genuinely want the best for them. I so appreciate the ELL Team, Office Staff, Nurse Foltz, Spec. Ed. Team, Librarians, Cafeteria Staff, Custodians, Mrs. Brett and Ms. Cramer, and of course our wonderful teachers! I really appreciate their flexibility with me, pulling students at various times due to meetings etc. Last week a teacher thanked me for the difference I had made in her student's speech skills. The reality is, YOU TEACHERS are the difference makers! You guys plug into these students every single day, whereas I only see them once or twice a week. I'm proud to work with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I appreciate my teammates not only because work together. We need to know that we have more time in our work place than with our own family. For me my teammates are like my family. I'm open to help to anyone that need help not only in translations, but if anyone need my help I'm here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In the ten years I have been here at Coolidge all kinds of people have come and gone. Staffs have formed, then dissolved. Kids aren’t the only group here which has had its share of porcupines. During all the Coolidge staff fluctuations, however, our ELD teaching team has continued supportive and easy to work with day in and day out. What a blessing that is. But beyond our department, ELD works with all grades, the whole school. And I have to say that the Coolidge staff we have now is the most congenial and cooperative group we’ve ever had since I have been here. When you deal with all the grades every day cooperation and congeniality are huge positives and I certainly do appreciate all of you. And kudos to Mrs. Brett for finding all of you. That’s real Personnel Dept. talent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have such a great staff here! We could not make it without each other. It feels comfortable to talk with each other--not just within my team--to support our kiddos. I am grateful to be able to work with all of you!

    ReplyDelete