Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2019

Jan 7 - 11 Clements Rise N Shine

Opportunity Statement:   Coolidge Elementary will continue to provide all students with academic, social, and emotional growth opportunities through great teaching and the utilization of our community resources.  We will maintain high expectations for all students, as well as expand our efforts to cultivate a positive school culture that encourages intellectual and social growth.”


Coolidge Vision and Mission
Our Mission:  “Educate students for lifelong learning and responsible living.”
Our Vision:  “Provide a learning environment that promotes and develops academic and
social growth.”


  • Monday, Jan 7 - Lock OUT drill, New Teachers Meeting 3:30 p.m.
  • Tuesday, Jan 8 - PLC Meetings, Faculty Meeting - Tutoring Lists of Students
  • Wednesday, Jan 9 - Print Report Cards
  • Thursday, Jan 10 - Brett Out - Principal Meeting
  • Friday, Jan 11 - JA In a Day, 4th - 6th, 2nd Quarter Awards during Plan Time

PROCEDURES PROCEDURES PROCEDURES: As we begin the 2nd Semester of school please remember to review PROCEDURES. This includes procedures for your Daily 5 - Read to Self, Work on Writing, Read to Someone, Word Work, and Listening to Reading.

Review Procedures for coming into and leaving your classroom. Review procedures for classroom expectations. Review procedures for cafeteria expectations. Review procedures for the playground and the bathroom. What are the procedures for getting needed materials or turning materials into the teacher? What are the expectations for using technology?

MYON Winter Reading


Daily 3 - MATH




LEXIA INFO:



BUT we have 49 certificates to deliver THIS WEEK from over the Winter Break.

In the comments section - how many of your students earned a Lexia certificate? How many need an adult led lesson in Lexia? Where will you put that in your lesson plans?


Where do I find?.........



Kindergarten

1st Grade

2nd Grade

3rd Grade

4th Grade

5th Grade

6th Grade 
 Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days
Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days
 Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days 
  Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days
  Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days
  Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days
 Bundled Standards

Year at a Glance

First 20 Days


OKCPS ELA Standards by Grade Level
OKCPS and OAS Crosswalk
OKCPS ELA Bundles


6th Grade Bundles


OKCPS Math  by Grade Level
OKCPS-OAS Crosswalks
OKCPS Standards by Bundles
Pre-Kindergarten  Bundles
Kindergarten  Bundles


Elementary ELA Year- at- a- Glance








18 comments:

  1. 0 of my students have lexia but all but 2 of my 6th grade mentor students have all greens and all but 1 is completely caught up coming into 3 quarter. I will be meeting with them this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one student due a certificate, 3 students who need adult led lessons, and I can include the initials of students and lessons that need delivered in my lesson plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 of my homeroom students are due certificates. 5 of my homeroom students are struggling. I have help them while in the ABL Lab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My students do not utilize Lexia however I have 59 students on task in power focus areas for reading and plan to raise those numbers this week by stressing theme based content.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My students currently do not utilize Lexia. We are working on getting all 6th graders current on their power focus areas in all areas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three have gotten certificates. 9 have been targeted with skill builders. We are working on these during daily 5. Can note them on lesson plans by initials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 1 certificate and 3 that need adult help. We will work on these during small group instruction and I will note it in the assignments section.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one student who has earned a certificate. 3 with new skill builders, 2 more who have been working on a skill builder. I will use the lessons in small groups this week (and every week) to help individuals and provide review for others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 5 of my students have earned certificates from before winter break. 3 are struggling and need adult led lessons and 5 need skill builders. Small groups at the teacher table would be a good place to utilize these lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. None of my students have earned certificates, but going into the break one of my 6th grade students had all greens and the other one is close to being caught up! I will be meeting with both this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. None of my students have earned lexia certificates, but utilizing the ipads will be part of my 2019! I can write this in my lesson plans as daily 5 center and/or utilize the ipads whole group during my literacy block.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unfortunately, Lexia does not allow me access. Peake and I are continuing to work on this. Urgh....

    ReplyDelete
  13. it doesn't look like anyone did. I have a new classroom set up which should allow me to give more one on one attention to students.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Four have earned as yet unrewarded certificates. As for how many need adult led Lexia lessons, these are EL pullouts way behind grade level, so they all do. Fridays are reserved primarily for that purpose. The students fire up their Chromebooks (THANKS AGAIN LCS!!!!) and as they work on their Lexia, I sit down with each one and we hone in on whatever they are having trouble with. We build word families and exit questions around their problem words. Lexia work is listed in the LP on Fridays although I don't go into detail about the direct individualized instruction , I just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zero students have certificates right now BUT my students have earned a total of 32 certificates. There are 20 students with skill builders and they will work on them during small groups.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have 3 who earned certificates right before break. I have 9 who are struggling. We will work on them during small group.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have 4 students who earned certificates right before break. None of my students worked on Lexia during the break which is disappointing. I have 7 students who need teacher led lessons. I will work on those one on one and Mrs. Barnes will help those she works with.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We don't use Lexia in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete