Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2017

February 20, 2017

Our Mission:  “Educate students for lifelong learning and responsible living.”
Our Vision:  “Provide a learning environment that promotes and develops academic and
social growth.”

Attaining Learning Outcomes = Higher Achievement

How you speak to children and each other matters.  Your tone of voice as well as your body language speaks volumes to another person.  Reflection question to be answered in comments:  In what ways would you like to improve your communication with children, parents, or peers next week?

Coming Up:
  • Monday:  District Comprehensive Snapshots - 3rd - 6th Grade all week.  Informal Observations.  Girls on the Run Begins
  • Tuesday:  PLC Meetings, Faculty Meeting
  • Wednesday:  Meeting with 6th Grade parents, 4:30 p.m.
  • Thursday:  Principal's Meeting Brett Out 
  • Friday:  Regular School Day Last day for district comprehensive assessments.
Be sure you have updated your F&P board, classroom individual data tracker card, and the Google Document Data tracker.

All APP forms must be turned in to Brett/Cramer for signatures by 3rd.


Mastery Connect Common Assessments:
News on the District Comprehensive Assessments which open Tuesday, February 14th and closes on February 24th.    If you are having difficulty with Mastery Connect please see Ms. Hunt she is our Mastery Connect building level support.

3rd – 6th will take a reading and math compressive assessment.  This is designed to be taken online.  3rd and 4th – you will need to work together to schedule your time with Chrome Books.  You may also check into using the computer lab for the assessment. 

5th grade will also have a Science comprehensive assessment to take online.

5th and 6th
Since you are departmentalized please have the students complete the test in your subject level classroom.  You will be sharing the Chrome Book Cart to have the students take the assessments so please plan accordingly. 


Q: Will I need to grade the assessment?
A: No. When the student is finished, the scores will automatically be recorded in the tracker.





To Develop Every Child Into a Reader:
  • Everyday a child reads something they choose to read.
  • Every child reads accurately
  • Every child reads something they understand.
  • Every child writes something that is personal and meaningful daily.
  • Every child talks with peers about reading and writing.
  • Every child hears an adult reader read fluently.
Coolidge Elementary Academic Goals for 2016-2017
  • All Students WILL achieve academically.
  • Reading:  Increase reading proficiency by at least one grade level.
  • Math:  Increase math achievement by 10% with 80% mastery of math facts on grade level.  
  • Writing:  Increase writing proficiency by 15%
  • Student Attendance:  Increase student attendance to 98%.
  • Increase Faculty Attendance to 98%
OKCPS Literacy Standards
          1st Grade
          2nd Grade
          3rd Grade
          4th Grade
          5th Grade
          6th Grade
OKCPS Math Standards
          Pre-K
          Kindergarten
          1st Grade
          2nd Grade
          3rd Grade
          4th Grade
          5th Grade

Melissa Brett | Principal
Coolidge Elementary School | Oklahoma City Public Schools
5212 S. Villa, Oklahoma City, OK 73119
(405) 587-2800
(405) 208-1581 (cell)

19 comments:

  1. I would like to improve my communication with students, parents, and peers by making a conscious effort to provide undivided attention when talking with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to improve my communication with my students by taking more time to speak with them one-on-one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to improve communication with my students by being more conscious about my tone and level of patience. I would like to also have a personal conversation with at least three students every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to improve communication with my parents and having more of their involvement in the classroom. I would like to improve my overall communication in that even in my flustered moments I speak with grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear your ideas to get parents more involved! I struggle to get mine here for IEPs and P/T Conferences.

      Delete
  5. I have been working on being more encouraging with my students. I sometimes forget to tell them how well they are doing. I would also like to work on slowing down my words when I get flustered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to improve my communication with my students by spending more one on one time with each kid. I also need to pay more attention to my level of voice, tone when speaking to the class throughout the day as well as my patience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to improve my communication with my students being more intentional and present with my one-on-one conversations with my student.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to communicate with my students in as many one-on-one situations as my room will allow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to improve my communication skills with students, parents and co-workers by first listening fully before I formulate my response.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to improve my communication with my coworkers by sharing more stories about students doing the right thing...even if the reaction and humor will be less grand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to improve my communication with my students and my parents by focusing on the good. It is going to be my goal to send at least one positive behavior note home each day (and not to the same students).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to improve my communication with my K-1st grade students. So much time is spent redirecting unwanted behaviors and less time for one on one interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to improve on all my communication -- with colleagues, students, parents, and administration. Seeing students only once or twice per week, I have to be intentional on those student/teacher conversations and work to build relationships. I

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to improve my communication with some of my students that are more difficult to understand by remembering to echo some of the key words I heard them say, especially if they were just "approximated" to let them know I heard and understood them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to make sure that I am listening more actively to students (with eye contact, body language, etc.) so that I can model good listening for them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goal is to be more positive and intentional about my communication with adults and students when I have a lot of things coming at me once. When I reflect on my day, I know that these are the moments when I don't interact as patiently and positively as I want to, so I want to focus on improving those moments.

    ReplyDelete